Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Tuesday evening meeting

Kak Oni rang to say ACCIN's meeting is on and Kak Am is away in Pahang so I have to attend it on behalf of IMAN.We missed it last month (bad traffic jam but apparently they had 18 NGOs present.Oh wow! What a spirit!)

So I was the only woman and I expressed my discomfort being the only one : malam2, jauh..nanti timbul fitnah. Hahaha. But the guys took it well.They said they'd change the day to Saturday and will hold the next meeting during the day next month and see if the attendance is better (esp . among women members).I enjoyed being in this group.They are very focused and action oriented people.JIM is organising a harmoni karnival at Summit USJ.Macam2 ada.Must get the students involved : for experience and exposure.Really cool.

You won't believe it.I finally met Darma (the engineer cum remisier chap who converted to Islam after a long search for internal peace and whose story of conversion is so inspiring that I keep sharing it with friends for the last 4 years or so.I was trying to locate him for many years then one day, one of my PhD students told me Darma was her neighbour and gave me his tel no.Still I had no time to contact (maybe I did but no one picked up the ph).Then last nite at the Persatuan India Muslim where ACCIN meeting was held, I asked if they knew Darma.Latiff said tak kenal so I started relating his story.Latiff asked apa nama Islam dia.I said Darma.He said that's a Hindu name.I said it is also a Malay Muslim name..En Darma..are you reading this?I thought of YOUR name.Hahaha)

I told Latif I never met Darma but would like to meet up with him (cos' of his great spirituality and kot2 ada lagi cerita2 best dia yang lain.He reads Sanskrit and is well-read).Lepas tu one member came and Latiff said : ha, ini la dia Darma yang you nak kenal sangat tu!

I was so embarassed! I asked Latiff kenapa dia buat begitu..dok pala ke I cerita pasal Darma and pretended he didn't know him.He said he knew him by another name tapi as I related the story, dia terfikir, mungkin he knew the man. Kerana malu ke Allah, I had to tell Darma how inspiring his conversion story was. But I wanted to bury my head in the sand! Padah suka cakap banyak!

2 comments:

m i s s e r r a said...

Dear Dr.Faridah,

It's nice bumping in to you the other day in Putrajaya.By the way, I do follow your blog occasionally, just for a change of weather which I found pretty inspiring.

Keep on writing!

-hal mahera-
http://misserra.wordpress.com

Faridah said...

Dear Mahera,
Yes, I pun tak sangka! Macam dihantar2 Tuhan! :))Nice to know you are doing well and gambar tu you and hubby ke? Wahhh..mcm Bollywood couple!

I don't teach undergrads for now (sejak jaga Alumni) and I miss my babies!Dah takda peluang nak siksa buat short films! :))

Keep in touch!