Wednesday, June 10, 2009

FRIM trip: Go Green!

canopy walk

Tan Sri's lecture at the park

My treasure hunt group
(showing off my recycled go green t-shirt)

anak-anak buluh betong

Monster fish (about 6-7 feet long)

FRIM park


Was with a group of students on a green project.We did treasure hunt in the jungle and took a canopy walk (macam nak mampos I turun naik bukit, some 1000 feet above sea level.Really bad news for my fat! I walk on my tread mill pun tak berpeluh macam ni!).The guide (Zul) was so sweet to wait on me.Adam and Kameel sekali sekala.Kameel carried my handbag! Hahaha. But it was a very, very, very nice walk.Jumpa stream je, kita minum air and a small river where I got to soak my tired feet..aaaaaaaaahhhhhh....heavens! But a little info: do not drink any water no matter how clean it is if it's after rain cos' di hutan byk tikus and they urinate.During rainy season,that goes to the streams...but on dry days, takpa, safe to drink (cos' air kencing tikus goes to the soil).

Tan Sri Dr. Salleh Mohd Nor waited for us and gave another talk to peminat2nya (budak2 UIA) who requested that the first FRIM Director-General and founder of FRIM be with them (he was the one who inspired them to set up the environmental student's group and made them observe the World Environment Day ...for a week!) I'm happy that the kids are so motivated.

We had a picnic in the park.

No comments: