Thursday, June 11, 2009

scouting for the right toastmasters club

I didn't know it could be quite tricky trying to find the right toastmasters' group to join.If you google, not many will appear online but a certain Mr Ratnam of Subang Jaya was kind enough to give me some clues.Then Wong gave me more tips.Some clubs can be a bit exclusive and picky than others but Deborah of KDU's was all friendly and smiles on the phone.Found out that she's the out-going Prez but I sat in one of their monthly meetings.Wahhh..what a civil, cultured and warm group they have! I felt home immediately.Multi-ranged..from medical doctors to managers to engineers.They all spoke well.

Satu berita kelakar.I spotted a lady who I thought look so familiar.
Me: heyyyy! aren't you from my cake decoration class?
Lady: what? cake? nope...
Me: Hmm..must be someone else but I feel like I know you from somewhere before.

At the end of the session, I found out that my cake lady was Datuk so and so; then an ambassador I met in the USA.Allah!!! :))

I'll go club hunting a wee bit more to make sure I would be in the right group. But I have a feeling it'll be KDU's.

No comments: