Monday, July 05, 2010

wedding talks and other stories

Aren't you curious with what people talk about at wedding receptions? (where old friends meet after so long or new ones make new ties).

I was at one yesterday.Met up with a couple I enjoy meeting (young, vibrant, cosmopolitan and yet rooted).Both had worked in London for many years.LSE grads somemore.Tapi tak sombong OK? The guy had told me about his trip to West Africa at another wedding we went to a couple of years back.This year, that episode continued.I told him about my experience.We had fun exchanging stories.I tengok other guests at the table tompang semangkok ketawa over some of the funny entries I had.

Anyway, after the wedding I rushed to Azhar's for our supposedly final meeting on the UoL Gala Dinner (but the team decided we might need another final one just a week before the event).Annie masak bagus as usual.Dr Cassim is always fun to be with (he would diagnose just about anything and had strong opinions against paracetamol, cough syrup, antibiotics).Amin pun dah pandai nak prescribe drugs (he mentioned something which he said kalau makan, kena marah dgn judge pun tak rasa apa.Hahaha) It's a cool group.

Pagi tu I was busy working with SMU interns at Krash Pad.The kids had started painting their clay items.I made myself a pair of ear -rings (terompah biru).I love my keras tangan work. :)) Lupa nak ambik gambar.The kids were lovable.I suka Yunos budak Mynmar tu.Reza is very talented.Atiqah is affectionate.Rozana tak datang...demam.They looked pretty motivated.I hope they will produce more saleable items.We have decided to get Siti Nurhaliza to launch the big sale nanti.If not her, maybe Miss Malaysia tu.If things go as planned...

No comments: