Sunday, November 28, 2010

Pakistan trip: Part 3


The flight from Islamabad to Karachi was delayed (apparently another plane exploded!).I had no bodyguards on this trip home (my CEO friend, the UMNO boys, semua takda to help carry my bags...).Anyway, Dr. Adnan was still around and dia pun tolong tunggu I when I had to leave my bags to go to the Ladies.Not a good idea to travel alone like this.

Karachi Airport was bigger tapi the shopkeepers suka tipu! Can you imagine nak beli pad pun kena bargain? From Rp880 to Rp500? I just walked away.I don't think I'd like Karachi (if the airport people were already that dubious).Airport security was really strict (the strictest of all 3 airports: Lahore, Islamabad and Karachi).

It was quite sad to leave friends made in Islamabad (even the foreign speakers were chummy).Did I tell you I was on Pak TV? :)) The news producer promised to send me the footage or put the interview on You Tube.Bahaya tu.

I'm glad to be home, though.There has been little rest since beginning of this year.I am amazed at how busy I was this year (more travels than before).Let's hope no more travels till the end of the year.But I have 2 more seminars/workshops this month.Yakult!

I will blog some of my conference findings esp on Maria's presentation on Chinese women's mosque and female imams in China.

No comments: