Friday, November 05, 2010

Al fatihah

Z is home for the Deepavali weekends and text-ed me earlier to say her college friend, Shazwan, who collapsed during their 7.5 km marathon and went into 2 weeks' coma (his kidneys failed and was on life support) finally passed away yesterday at 4 pm.

I don't know this boy.Nor do I know his parents but I felt saddened by the news.I wanted to visit and meet the family even while Syazwan was still in the hospital.Thought of doing that today.

But alas!

So we visited the jenazah at around 9 pm last nite (thanks to Badri who gave us directions on the phone).There were so many visitors (mainly his friends...they all took turns sleeping at the hospital when he was in coma).

Before I met the parents, I thought what kind of parents who would be so patient losing their first child who was bright and kind like this (he was a JPA scholar about to leave for the UK soon) and my prayers went for them (that God will give them strength to go on).

I finally met the parents.A picture of calm and patience.The father especially was all smiles as he received visitors and thanked them.Such iman! The mother too was calm although she broke into tears when Z said some nice things about Syazwan (why did she have to say more than necessary to a mourning mom?!)

Allah loves Syazwan more and we pray that he is placed in jannah.Al fatihah.To the family, may Allah give them internal peace and grant them patience.Amin.

No comments: