Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The last class of the semester...

...ended nicely with my Master's English Renaissance Lit. Nice (sometimes funny) discussions on Renaissance women writers took place today.Kadang2 nak tergelak besar without being rude..Budak Thomas ni macam biasa buat smart remarks on Mary Ward...he said org2 Catholic ni suka buat cerita, mengAda-adakan cerita..he doubted if she really existed if the manuscript came from the Catholics (history had shown this, kata dia..300 years of lies).Wough! :)

But we still found the women amazing esp. Isabella Whitney, even Mary Wroth.And the autobiographers..my, my, I need to go on my sabbatical soon and I want to work on Renaissance women.It's all so so exciting.

Saber got a Band 6 for his reading (after 2 months being coached by me) Syukurlah! That is a big jump (from 4, you know).I'll have another experiment with Aishah.If she does well juga, I may have found a short cut to learning English. And will share this with those who care. :)

No class does not mean takda kerja tetap OK? I have papers to write, events to promote. But I do want to get away for a day or two just before exams.

Watch this space for postcards.

2 comments:

Anonymous Devil said...

"I may have found a short cut to learning English. And will share this with those who care."

dr., i care! and would you please share it with me?! hehe.

Faridah said...

Xlanx: I need to do the final experiment with Aishah (from Iran..Saber was from Iraq)and once this approach is confirmed, I'll email you the techniques.Nanti I fb message you some easy steps and you try and see and report back to me, OK?I need more samples.Thks.