Monday, May 21, 2012

A not so quiet weekend


Aku Bukan Rozita


For some reasons only known to some of my fans (perasan giler di sini),I have been writing a short story in my head (again...!Nisah posted something on her fb wall on waiting for the right moment or environment to write as something self-illusory.Gua sudah terkantoi).

Tajuk yang sudah lama terbuku di kepala is this: Aku Bukan Rozita.

The story would go like this:Rozita is like Mona Lisa.Everyone wants to know who she is just because a painter had captured her beauty in a painting.Dia bukanlah cantik sangat pon.Ahaks.I would prefer my famous characters of Lola or Kasut Hitler's beauty than Rozita nih.

So everyone wants to know who she is, how she looks like in real life, apa makanan kegemarannya, etc. I have this in my mind: without makeup, she looks like nyonya sayor kat Hanoi who conned Amir,Z's friend at college.Come,come take picture with me.No need to pay.So you'd take what is free.Then nyonya will say,now that you have taken pictures with me, you have to buy my vegetables.

Well, Rozita in my short story is like that Nyonya sayor in Hanoi.Often misunderstood.Ahaks.An illusion.But she is not the Mona Lisa in the painting of that famous painter.Dia bukan Rozita, one individual who exists and lives outside the canvas.

Rozita dalam painting itu adalah composite characters of the painter's 5 girlfriends.Could be more.It's a technique also used by Obama when writing about his Nuyork gf (I akan contemporarise-kan sikit lah technique ni dalam my short story).Very artistic.I like. Kita sambung cerpen in progress ni di lain hari.Beep if you like.

Part 2, kita lihat adegan painter terlukis gambar kucing in his confusion trying to perfect his art.Ahaks.

And this was how I spent my weekend today...menulis cerita yang tiada after hours spent at the hair salon before rushing to meet Jeff and Minoo about our herbal garden.

2 comments:

Anonymous Devil said...

hehe. that picture should be your book cover later when it's done.

Faridah said...

Xlanx: I take it you like the story? kah2.It would make a good book cover...cuma takut copyrights