Monday, May 28, 2012

Postcards from Tioman




We flew KL-Tioman-KL by Berjaya Air

The waterfall we walked miles to see (well, it felt like miles!) 

 The guide stopped in the middle of the jungle to show us 'pokok hidung'

 Save the turtle!

 Blind Jo ( a 6-year old blind turtle at the turtle conservatory)

 Fish we snorkelled at Tioman Island

 Sunset from my window, facing the sea

money cannot buy...

My gf and I got home Saturday morning from Tioman.We took 2 days off work/class to just destress ourselves.Both our  hubbies will go on a separate vacation with us next month or two and could not join us on this one.Nik was babysitting Z who was having her A Level exams (true enough, she came back on Friday cos' sakit gigi and terpaksa pi ke Nik's dentist at Tmn Tun)

My gf ni penakut.Nak masuk air, takut, nak snorkel, takut.Nak scuba, apatah lagi.I never knew she would be such  a boring travelling partner.Haha.But we had a good time.She'd accompany me wherever I went.Yang pelik, masuk hutan pi waterfall dia tak takut  pulak(just the two of us with a male guide!).I was like..oh tuhan..jgn la kami jadi mangsa rape...my zikir all the way, all the way.Haha.

The guide proved to be a professional one.Syukur alhamdulillah.My family will go on another trip and re-do what I did in Tioman.Same guide. :)

I came back with a bad flu.My panel doc said tolong jgn sebar kat org lain and wanted me to go around wearing mask (I miss Dr Jee who has migrated to Darwin.He would never ask me to wear a mask!)

Back at work.Meetings.Letters to sign.Papers to write.Theses to examine.Ohh mannn...I need another holiday.

But it's amazing how I could cook up something fast while invigilating the exam this morning for this evening's  Fulbright meeting.I have Prof Ida to speak on IP again, Prof Aslam on religion and econ dev in Msia, Dr Vellayan on 28 years of zooing and the future of wildlife conservation (woohoo!), Sean Foley (yet to beep him) and Alan (yet to remind him) on coastal tourism.Oklah tu, given the fact I am now working on organising this alone.

2 comments:

Anonymous Devil said...

waaa.. best nye Dr. package ek pegi tioman ni. mandi laut bleh air terjun pn bleh. best gak.

Faridah said...

Tulah..all in a package.Nice break from KL.Will want to do it again.This time with the whole clan,InsyaAllah.