Monday, May 06, 2013

A day after a battle was lost

I slept early on the evening of Election Day.Access to info of wins/losses was difficult.Some webs were down.Inconsistencies of reports, PR said most states tumbang, BN said it was winning big.Finally when an editor friend called to say Kedah tumbang, Kelantan hampir kalah, bla bla..I terus masuk tidur.

I woke up early thinking hari dah siang.Checked my fb and other online sources...ramai dah berkabung (which amused me a bit...I know it is frustrating...we had gone all out for a clean electoral system and we did experience irregularities...I saw how senior citizens were kept waiting dgn alasan yang pelbagai.Made noise and got someone to help this old Chinese couple to go in and vote early.Macam2lah). Then the irregularities of using pens/pencils...helped a few friends voting in Kedah and Perak to lodge a report with SPR and SUHAKAM ...ini semua tanggungjawab kita to pastikan integriti sistem pengundian kita tidak tercemar)

I am proud of the GE13 results.Kalah tapi menang.Hanya melalui satu kempen pilihanraya, rakyat pelbagai kaum bersatu menentang benda jahat...penipuan, rasuah, penyelewengan.Yg paling sweet, non Muslims menerima PAS dan mula berfikiran terbuka tentang hudud.Anak2 muda berkreatif di dalam Bahasa Melayu terutama anak-anak muda Cina.First time I dengar anak-anak muda India di Kelantan kecek Kelantan saying "Kito takdo masalah apo-apo..kito mace adik beradik kat sini..takdo kato kito ni India ke gapo."

Waaahhhh....

And while some friends could not hide their disappointments, others are more positive and encouraging, wanting to work harder for a better and just Malaysia.

I believe Allah will not abandon those who want to do good and it does not have to be from one party only.Yang penting nawaitu kita.

2 comments:

Mawar said...

Kak F
TAHNIAH.
ya menang dengan harga diri dan ketulusan.

salam perjuangan!

Faridah said...

Mawar: perjuangan belum selesai.PR mengumpul maklumat utk ke mahkamah.