Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

I worked over the weekends.But had time to get my mom a fruit hamper.Gave Bibik a purple rose too for Hari Ibu.I think she went teary a bit.Like me, she has a single child.

My mom yg kelihatan depressed cheered up after I gave her her basket of buah2an..both fresh and canned plus some cookies...maybe Kak Ngah, me and Nik will go out and dine with her lepas Maghrib.Sal balik Tapah so she may not be able to join us.

Rita and Farah pun dpt flowers cos' I figured they would not have time to go to the florist so early.Wrong.Farah punya florist dah start berjual jam 8 am.Rita mmg tak sempat so she was thankful I tlg beli her mom stg nice. :)

I don't mind if we have gone commercial on this day.Biarlah.Mak kita suka dapat bunga dan hadiah.:))

Selamat menyambut Hari Ibu.Jgn fikirkan asal usulnya kerana yg penting niat kita meraikan Ibu kita dan betapa Allah begitu menyukai perbuatan menggembirakan ibu kita.

Part 2

We wanted to dine at Meatworks but semua fully booked.In the end, we went to the Curve's new Royal Bintang Hotel (the one with ice skating rink).Nik had dined there and said it's not too bad.I had sirloin steak (sedap giler), the rest had grilled salmon and lamb shanks.My mom had forgotten she had salmon before so she asked mana nasinya? :))

But she thoroughly enjoyed her salmon, rice or no rice.In the car I heard her laughing with Bibik over this: ya, mana saya biasa makan ikan sahaja...mcm kucing.

Nik and I pun tompang ketawa.Nik said one of his friends's dad masa first time mkn KFC pun didn't want to eat the chicken till the rice tiba.And the powers that be think all Malaysians are equal and shoud be thankful for the development they brought since Independence.

2 comments:

Mawar said...

Kak F
selamat hari ibu!
bahagianya baca entri ini...

Faridah said...

Mawar: Sama-sama.Semoga Allah memberi semua Ibu ganjaran setimpal dgn pengorbanan mereka dan kpd anak-anak yang memuliakan ibu-ibu mereka..lebihan jannah kpd mereka di bumi ini jua.