Tuesday, December 12, 2017

From Batu Pahat to Muar

The weekend getaway in Batu Pahat was meant for Anidah-Tol's son's wedding reception but my husband wanted to do a down the memory lane going back to Muar where he spent 2 years as a primary sch boy, living with his uncle while his mom went back to University Malaya to study History. So he showed us where he grew up (rumah tu pun dah runtuh), places he'd go. A bit emo for him. Z and I could not understand. We thought he was lucky to see so many things at such a young age.

The wedding reception was cool. Semua buat sendiri. Tak payah catering, upah orang buat pelamin ke hapa. And we felt so warmly received.Food was good. Paling liat nak balik sebab we were eating this and that. :)

Then Muar. What a discovery! I thought it might be a sleeping town but no! So much life. So much food! Bak kata Engku..kalau dah suka makan tu...

Hubby said geng motor surau might go on a day trip.Boleh la suruh tapau satay muar, mee bandung udang galah, murtabak spore.





































Kalah Kajang

Balik KL terbayang2 satay warisan Muar ini























Best spa in Muar


this was real time (pinggan Z)

7 comments:

Iskandar aka DR Bubbles said...

I have always love Muar! Sempat rasa air pear tak? Sekali minum, macam brain kena karan! Hahaha! Last year we went to Muar for a wedding and stayed at Golden Lake Hotel across the river, next to Giant's. Dari luar nampak macam shoplot hotel. Masuk dalam terkejut. Bilik nice and super clean. The manager even told us, they steam-vacuumed the room and carpet every week. Patutlah bersih. Kalahlah big hotel with stars, yang nak kena maintain all the rooms clean. Tak terkejar deme.

My clown partner, Cikgu Normah Nordin has been working quietly with schoolchildren in Parit Keroma to improve their English speaking through theatre since 8 years ago. Habis saja clowning at HUKM on Thursday afternoon, dia naik bas ke Muar every week without fail and start the class next morning. I salute her for her steadfast commitment, at her age of 67, still working hard to change the world of kampung kids to be better.




Faridah said...

Wow to your Cikgu Normah. Byk dia buat pahala. I tak larat terkejar2 gitu but food in Muar would be waiting for her. Jeles!I tak rasa pun air pear. Kat mana?

This week I found another Rawa link.Sikit masa lagi nak balik Raub pi interview dia (in Temau I think). Katanya he holds the key to a family tree on my dad's side (yang katannya mmg from Pagarruyung. My mom's side from Tanjung Alai - that kampong frozen in time)

Iskandar aka DR Bubbles said...

Air pear tu ada jual di tengah bandar. Orang Muar semua tahu kewujudannya.

I was talking to Cikgu Normah yesterday fasal our fundraising nak pi Vienna to attend training workshop. Dia just submitted our proposal to a family run foundation. Bila I checked the email, the name of the person is quite familiar. I realised this old man I selalu nampak masa jogging nearby my house. Alhamdulillah, sihat lagi Pak Adlan tu. And then I realised two things:

1. Pak Adlan ini memang orang Rawa.
2. Cikgu Normah Nordin pulak memang ada sedara mara di Temau. Sah Rawa jugaklah. Hahaha!

Ini bahana woke up at 2 am sebab tidur awal Isyak tadi. Idea mencurah-curah keluar.

Nanti share story na on your trip to Temau.

Faridah said...

What? Aura Rawa ni sangat kuat..dia macam magnet..dia akan menarik begitu and suddenly you find out you are linked.One of my friends American Filipino tu ..part of asal usul family dia pun from Sumatra..bila dia berkopiah sebijik my uncle and anak my uncle (my cousin la kiranya). Patut le kita rasa macam adik beradik!

And I tell you something eerie. I ni kadang2 mudah lupa (malas pun ada sikit2.Haha). Asa I get distracted from my Rawa research je..ada la nanti yang "menghantar" link that would nudge me to continue. I dah rasa cukup info to write but no! Tengah I nak bersuka ria buat projek lain (projek Muar ke, projek apa ke)..nanti adda le yang jentik.

Scary or not? Bak kata one of our Rawa links: ruyung memang nak pecah.

Iskandar aka DR Bubbles said...

You are the chosen Rawa Jedi! Hahahaha!

Faridah said...

I think I have a theory of the silence (at least to explain the one on my mom's lineage) but ni kena kopi Muar baru boleh cerita. Nanti terbuka segala pandora's box..mudarat jadinya. Haha

Iskandar aka DR Bubbles said...

I love stories from Pandora's Box! Hahaha!