Wednesday, December 06, 2017

History international conference on forced migration

I think Allah made it easy for me with this conference (imagine writing one immediately after my Asiapac ended). The paper was the same one presented to a small circle of Indonesian scholars at Andalas last June. I translated into English and updated some info. All in 2 days.

This morning not only my paper was on first thing in the morning but I also had to moderate the session. They put all my FRGS research members in one session. Fatin lost her voice but courageously presented it well. I had to rearrange the schedule ikut chronology. Alhamdulillah our audience could follow it like watching a TV drama. Haha. We had many positive remarks and comments. An old Prof  of History was so overwhelmed and appreciative of our session came to sit with us to offer more suggestions how we could move forward cos' he saw the importance of the research going big. I was so inspired by his remarks (from his long scholarship as a Historian).

Then as I walked out of the hall, satu guy pakai kupiah looked at me in the eyes tersenyum2 so I had to say hello and asked if he had presented his paper. He said dah and that he had sat through our session in the morning. Rupa2nya dia pun peminat kami. Haha. He's from Afghanistan so I buka la cerita Kabul I and hopefully I'd get to visit my other homeland soon.It's been a dream too (belah my paternal grandma).

Pastu I jumpa this scholar from Riyadh.Kita pun bincang nak buat group ala2 Asiapac group.
Banyak sangat cita2 I ni. Kata nak pencen awal.

No comments: