Monday, April 16, 2007

Indonesian Culture Nite at Cornell

Sitting with Dian, Saiful and their family. They are from Acheh

Flash didn't work.Can you spot Rizal? Dia main guitar


Tarian piring from West Sumatra (tarian Rawa)


More of piring dance

Someone asked if I had enough sleep (after reading about my various travels here)...I said ya right..not enough (just as I would back home, anyway).

But wait!
After Denver, there's this evening's show: the Indonesian culture night and we had performers from NYC coming in with the Indonesian consulate.Some Cornell students also performed wonderfully.

We were served Indonesian cuisine (prepared by some friends I know including Dian and Yuni) Rizal played in the band.Could he sing! As Aiman would say of listening to Indonesian music/songs... " rasa macam on the road.." (feeling la maknanya tu).

Some pics.

No comments: