Saturday, July 18, 2009

Life is a Rubik's Cube

Nasi Lemak Kopi O studio setting


Last nite this title came out as a title of a poem I wrote in my mind.

Life is a rubik's cube.

But I wanted to connect the whole idea with god-consciousness.You may twist and turn.But there's God everywhere (the answer of your cube's puzzle..the all white, or the all green or the all blue, yellow,red, orange)

All these murders and deaths you read in the n/papers daily...haiya...most disturbing is the murder of a student of an Islamic college.Apa nak jadi??

Anyway..I'm doing OK with my 3rd day detox.Was at (and on) TV9 to alert the public of our International Career Carnival at Mid Valley on July 31 - Aug 2. Nasib I asked the kind TV anchor what sort of questions she would ask me before we went on air (soalan kita prepared, depa tak ambik langsung) Haiyo..soalan tu semua utk career counsellor and I am not one.So I pun kata (off air)yang ini boleh tanya, yang itu tak payah.Hahaha.She's so kind.So dalam seconds I had to think of convincing answers.Nik was there.He said I lo0k pretty kena make-up (wei, tak make up lagi pretty lah) but thought I could have done better.Did I sound or look stupid? No, no..he said.You sounded like a Professor.Hahah.As supportive as ever.Thanks dear!!

But Aldila said she received ph calls and emails and sms-es after that.

That is all that matters. :)
Harap datang beramai2 and alert anak buah suruh pi Mid-Valley.Ada career talks (for SPM school leavers, parents, graduands), resume writing clinic by Jobstreet, career test clinics, walk in interviews.

5 comments:

Nazhatulshima N said...

Saw your on air this morning. Told my mum,who happens to be with me at home and she said "Lawa ekh..."
Yes,you look really pretty and even without make-up ,too.

Faridah said...

hahaha..thanks..your mom would know any compliments on an aging woman would make her day. :))

Are you on summer vacation in KL?

Iskandar Syah Ismail aka DR Bubbles said...

Yes I agree with you semua orang Rawa (Rao) cun cun and hensem-hensem belaka...heheheh..

Lama dah tak tengok TV.Too many negative stories.Malas nak racun my mind.

Tadi je sempat tengok Majalah 3 while having nasi dagang with Zul of Dewangga Sakti di Ulik Mayang Taman Melati tu. Itupun sebab ada cerita Tok Bahaman and ternampak gambar Lt.Adnan Saidi.

Terus berkobar-kobar nak tulis surat thank you to Zahid Hamidi sebab naikkan elaun SP and PGB.Tapi still not enough.

Apart from the famous Lt Adnan, I want that tujuh pegawai askar melayu who was executed by the Japs sebab tak nak remove their uniform masa kena tawan right after Bukit Chandu jatuh to the Japs be given appropriate honour.

Tunship would be appropriate for they were true patriots.

Faridah said...

DrBubbles, I teringat you cakap kita ni mungkin bukan keturunan Rawa tapi mungkin keturunan Cina (lebih parah kalau Cina Bukit Koman kat Raub tu!Mana tau puak kita datang naik tongkang nak cari emas kat Raub) Hahaha.

Anyway, it's curious why most Rawas are fair-skinned and mcm Cina.Cina Sumatra kor? I mean I get questions if I were a mualap.

I agree with your comment on all these titles of Datuks and Tan Sris.Setengah tu memang mcm kacang putih tepi jalan.

I hope you go to that seminar at UPSI.I wrote to Saudara Razaqq Lubis (bukan dia yang bagi paper.My other fren yang I cakap you tu)who wrote that book on Mandailing.Dia kat Penang and only knew abt it when I fwd-ed him the link you sent me.Share2 le papers tu nanti.

Faridah said...

I must thank Umaira of Gala TV Awani for making me 'famous' today.I thought the whole interview was nicely edited.Thanks and well-done!Keep up the good work.I think it's a good idea to get academics to offer their views on entertainment industry both local and abroad (kat UM, UiTM, Akademi Seni, USM, Sedaya Uni College..lagi ramai pakar2nya.Look them up for anything on music, theatre, seni tari).

I wish IIUM ada sekolah seninya juga.