Monday, October 11, 2010

Bila air lebih mahal dari minyak kereta...

We dined out at this place last night to celebrate Nik's birthday (10.10.10...he's kinda special, isn't he?).It was at the recommendation of an old girlfriend, Ainun Baba.

Yes, it was as recommended.Fine dining, food was fanstatic (cuba salad dia..outa this world sedapnya..and it's prepared right there infront of you..in this huge salad bowl.Z and I had a good laugh at this.I told her my salad bowl was bigger)

Then came in the soup..also outa this world.I had pumpkin, Z french onion..ahhh..I remember my history class french revolution dinner where we all dressed up in french/victorian costumes and my foster mom prepared french onion soup to bring over to the party and how my classmates and I jumped into the spa pool/jacuzzi at my friend's home after dinner.

Anyway, the issue on my dining last night was we were served the most expensive still water (probably on earth..hahaha) ~ RM32 per bottle.Tapi a certain percentage tasted clorin so I could not help but wondered if they bought empty bottles and filled up with local water (or recycled the imported bottles).

I just don't like how they didn't warn you that water isn't cheap...they simply asked this, "would you like some water, ma'am? Still water yah?" Ingat mcm tempat lain..free.Hahaha...

Lepas tu the second bottle, they didn't bother to ask, they saw our empty glasses and poured.Came the bill...for still water..2 bottles: RM64.Minyak kereta seminggu about RM50 je.

But the rest was so good except the seafood dishes (fish dia tak sedap...not for close to RM300 per dish!)

You want to know where, right?
Somewhere near KLCC...but the ambience was great.But I think I'd go to Chalet at Equatorial again next time.

Anyway, happy bday Abam! It was a great evening anyway.

5 comments:

Faridah said...

well folks, at the persistence of friends on facebook, I rang the hotel to highlight my still water experience.Nicely I told the manager I wanted my still water money back.He promised to look into the matter.When by late noon the following day, ntg happened (no email, no ph call to apologise or anything), I emailed the Asia Regional GM.By late afternoon, a local Manager (mat salleh) rang me up! Wough! So efficient la pulak! He insisted me on going back for a make up treatment.I will ask if it's a repeat dinner (no! no! no more still water and ikan yang tak sedap!)We don't really need that.I just nak duit still water I.RM64.A repeat dinner will cost 12 kali ganda lagi.Tapi kalau dia kasi spa free 1 hour,I go any time! :))

Lady of Leisure said...

mahalnya still water, RM64 tu boleh buat manicure/pedicure. heheee..

Faridah said...

Lady: my friends and I had a nice discussion on this on facebook.You tak fb ke? Yang sorang tu kata always ask for table water (free) dan jgn terpedaya dgn waiter kalau dia push for air2 yang mahal ni.In my case dia tak cakap pun air tu kena bayar.Lepas tu pandai2 tambah sampai 2 botol.That is why I got my money back.Atas dasar false impression ni lah.Baik juga depa nak layan. :)

Still water ni imported (sebotol USD10..kat Msia RM32 sebotol.Tapi I rasa ada chlorine.Tak tau sapa yang menipu..tukang buat air, distributor Msia atau pihak hotel but manager dia kata he will complain dgn supplier mereka)

Tu I kata, nak makan dan minum sekarang pun not as straightforward as it used to be.

Takda recipe baru? I got an email warning about the side effect of soya..alamak..kita suka tempe..tofu lembik tu semua kan?Nanti I letak kat blog ni what was fwd-ed to me.

Lady of Leisure said...

FB tak ada Dr, cuma ada blog tu saja hehe.. semua orang duk mintak FB, tapi sampai la ni i tak creat account pun lagi.
Kalau sampai rm32 sebotol untuk still water, i dok wonder how much agaknya kalau order fruit juice..? Tapi depa efficient kan, siap mat salleh manager call lagi tu..

Resepi baru tak berapa nak ada, sebab im in Taiwan now. Hehe. Kejap tadi baru balik dari jenjalan, pergi taipei city tour. Monday baru balik KL :))

Faridah said...

Lady: ooohh...globe trotting lagi ya? I love Taipei..quite cheap, isn't it? Baju2 dia..dried tea dia yang pelbagai flavours(just go mana-mana kedai ubat) Rosebud dried tea dia sedap.I was first introduced to Winter Warmers in Taipei by my Turk friends living in Taipei.I'm glad we have Winter Warmers at the Curve (near my home!) I just love their teas there.

Enjoy!

And oh..the juices at the place I went to were cheaper than the still water by RM10.Gila, kan?