Wednesday, October 20, 2010

New exploration

My new friend, S rang me up about a newly found health centre.So I drove all the way from Gombak to USJ Subang Jaya after work to check it out.It's run by a former engineer (lady).I'm easily sold, right? So S and I spoilt ourselves rotten for a good 2 hours.Wan (the lady owner) was saying she treats the body like a complete system.We cannot just address one problem..you must address the whole system.My, she looks like she's 18, OK? And so much vitality....give me back those years, Wan! :)

It's been so long since I was in this neighbourhood.I almost lost my way.S was hopeless.She doesn't drive (she can but won't).Her husband spoils her rotten.But after our time out at Wan's, we went to explore a new restaurant in our neighbourhood (S lives near my area...a pure coincidence, a convenient one...S will be my shopping partner, OK? And her kids are all grown up too.She spends her time watching Indonesian soapies..which I don't) S's choice was bad.I do not eat big meals anymore these days (tengoklah pinggang ku yang ramping, dada ku yang bidang...hahaha)and I ended up vomitting when I got home.It's not what the late Princess Diana had.It's just bad food/s.But S said I like it..I like it...I'm sooooo hungry.Duh.

Nik slept at his conference venue last nite so I ended up writing my paper for a conference coming up soon (travels again.Sigh).Was on the phone with Lina and G and Z in between writings.Funny people. :)) Z wants new food/s.She's not coming back this weekend or next (a group of boys and gals from a private college in the UK will be visiting her college and she's hosting them with 15 others).

Read Nazmi's complaint over late announcement of Zaen's and Zakir's wins (I think it was this morning).In a way he's right.We don't fuss over literary wins.No celebration, nothing.But DBP has to observe rules as well.They could not announce before Bangkok OKs it (I wish I could go to Bangkok to witness the prize-giving ceremony ~ cos' I wanna see Thai regent and His consort!~ but dates clash.I'd be happy to pay my own just to experience the ceremony.Hopefully, one day I'd be da recipient.Am talking about the SEA Write Award, folks).

No comments: