Sunday, March 27, 2011

Lat the Musical

Lat and my family


Roti dua! Bumped into Dr Ruzy and hubby Dr Imran, seated behind us! (best friends of NZ days and now) kita 'membesar' bersama Z donning a Yuna styled tudung


pernah jadi top model...sekarang..peh!


the great cast


I never wept at a musical but at Lat the Musical, I did.

Maybe I reconnected with my childhood.Lat was part of my childhood.We all grew up on Keluarga si Mamat and Lat the Kampong Boy.As a young fan (I was in my primary or lower secondary then) I wrote to him, hoping for a response but did not really expect one.But Lat wrote back...sent me a pic of a flying pig that said You were the talk of town and inside it: even pigs could fly and he also drew a naked Epit (his youngest caricature of a kampong boy who I loved so much then).

So when we bumped into him as we were exiting the theatre...(the crowds were not there yet)..I just could not believe my luck.He came fwd and tegor kita (I had my MIL conveniently seated on a wheelchair to attract his attention!haha..wasn't planned)

Lat: datang dari mana?

Me (laughing): dari Kota Damansara (maybe he thought we were from IJN seberang jalan tu)

Lat: lagu2 sedap ya?

Me: ha'ah tapi it's quite sad actually

Lat: memanglah..kalau cerita betul.


I wanted to tell him I was the flying pig card gal..I wanted to give him my book..I wanted to say so many things..tapi teringat dalam play tu he said hidup dia dah takda privacy, dia malu nak jumpa peminat etc etc..so I walked away, leaving many things unsaid.Out of respect for him and respect for other fans queueing to take pics with him!


Fantastic storyline, bad costuming (except scenes in London and abroad), great cast (loved the kids), great music.


I'd go again.Show is on till April 5.Don't miss it!

No comments: