Monday, March 14, 2011

Overheard...

It's my mom's month.She refused to go to her dialysis centre a couple of days ago.Sal was frantic.I made it worse.No one has the energy to go on another long ER trip.

But our mom would always win.So no dialysis for her that Saturday.Sal went off for her holiday and put mak in my care (which I didn't mind.Sal was in a dire need for a break).

Malam tu I dengar mak mcm ada symptoms of drowning but she buat2 control macho.I slept early.Kak Ngah was still text-ing me past midnite.I told her I was on valium and must have dozed off (I took something lesser than valium, though and woke up again at half past 1 in the morning.Went to check my mom's room.Alamak, she locked it.no way of knowing if she's OK or not)

By 6 am, I saw lights from her room.OKlah tu.Didn't want to disturb her.If she's not well, she would usually knock on my door.

Yang kelakar was Mek's ph conversation with her.Mak kata she wanted to balik Raub and live alone.Mek was like what? Who's going to take care of you.

Mak: Sedangkan ulat dalam batu boleh hidup (yeah..that ibu si Tanggang tone)
Mek: But the problem is...you are not ulat.

When Mek related the story to me, I was like bergulong2 ketawa.She's so funny!
Mak I yang tak pernah mau mengalah retorted: itulah sebab mak hantar kau orang belajar tinggi2..supaya kaorang boleh pandai menjawab balik...

Kelakar, kan? :)
Tadi pagi she gave me RM50 suruh beli pizza.I asked Z to order.

Z rang me later to ask if she could order another piece.I said kongsi je dgn wan.She said but wan said she wanted a small piece je and tak mau order yang besar. :))

Yup, my mom dah masuk ke alam kanak2 dia.Sometimes we forget that.

4 comments:

Iskandar aka DR Bubbles said...

I guess all grandmas from Raub are like that. Hehehe! I've got one. Very dramatic.

Faridah said...

Hello Saudagar: I think only Rawa grandmas are like that.Haha.But kalau dia takda, kita miss dia.I guess layan ke jer lah.

Anonymous Devil said...

hehe.

"itulah sebab mak hantar kau orang belajar tinggi2..supaya kaorang boleh pandai menjawab balik..."

can i facebook-like this a thousand times? haha.

Faridah said...

Xlan: semua budak2 muda love my mom.They think she's so cute.Hahaha.She is. :))