Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Talk on Saturday

Looks like I'll miss another class of Arabic and my early session on screenwriting on Saturday.

Prof Alan Lew (Arizona, USA) will deliver a talk on "Speaking Tourism: Language, Heritage and Identity in Sabah" at 10 am at Lincoln Corner, KL Library.

And guess who I got in touch with after all these years? Yulduz! She's the Press Sect of Yen Yen at Ministry of Tourism.Wough..it's been a longgggg time but she's sweet as ever..promised me to extend the invitation to staff at the Ministry.Like me, she loves the academe.After GE (she wants to step down, she says), we'll meet more often, I hope.Yulduz (Taiwanese of Central Asian origins, married a Malaysian Chinese Muslim and by now is a citizen I'm sure) and I were both PhD students in the early 90s..she was finishing hers at MU, I was starting mine at Adelaide.We shared a common interest: Msian women's writing..she was doing a comparative study between Malay and Chinese Msian women writers.I was doing the Anglophone ones.Happy dayslah. :)

What do I do without my gfs?? Azah is the funniest.Saniah, the Pavlov jokes are truly funny.Love you gals.

No comments: