Wednesday, November 12, 2014

"Asian Face of Islam in NZ" Exhibition

I was invited to the opening of this art exhibition brought by NZ High Comm (the exhibition did well in Indonesia and had travelled quite a bit.You get to read some info about the people behind the exhibition below).

The invitation came long before I realised it would be during our BWF week (it's 2nd day today and I would miss Dina Zaman's talk which would have taken plc same time as the exhibition at UM).

But I had given them my word (the NZ High Comm reminded me many times about the event...even a few days before it!).

I got to meet the young Prince of Negeri Sembilan (the much talked about esp among young people.I first heard of him via Z who met and worked with his org Krash Pad last year for merdeka day..saja jelah dia dan cucu Tunku Abdul Rahman tu...hahaha) But who would blame our young people.Tuanku Bidin (or Abs as he was known when he was a student in the UK..ejaan tak pasti but it sounded like that) IS a charming young man.Very polite and menghormati orang tua and there were two young beauties who were tailing him (as reporters).Semua dia layan baik and not rude or nampak mcm menggunakan kesempatan.Z kata dia tak tau cakap Melayu (he just got back from a long stint overseas)

But the exhibition was interesting.Anjum Rahman was a young girl when I was in NZ was featured in the exhibition.What an achievement! Ran for parliament! Some day she will win, InsyaAllah.











2 comments:

FJ said...

Presiden IDEAS kan?

Faridah said...

FJ: ya dan President segala.Dia sangat aktif dan dikehendaki kerana kepintaran dan kebaikannya. :)