Saturday, November 22, 2014

Lunching in the sun

We kinda decided pretty quickly that we'd have lunch together at my place today to honour hard-working students who had participated and made BENL Writers Festival such a fun project.But students had to prepare their own lunch cos' I was not feeling too well.Bibik cooked Chinese fried rice.The team came early to marinate the lamb, help me prepare the salad, start the fire, butter the biscuits, etc.About 30 people were there so I just let them do what they had to do while I bergoyang2 kaki jadi mandur.Haha.

My former colleagues came: Hasnah and family and Zul.Huda, Aizar and Dr. Riza could not make it.We had fun talking about our blues at CERDAS esp during audit time.I'm glad to know both Hasnah and Zul are doing very well in their career.

The boys led tahlil and yassin for Dr Maimunah's dad who passed away yesterday and we tompang sedekah for our dead loved ones as well.Then we listened to each other's creative works and the making of our art.They wanted me to read from my The Art of Naming book.I told them my life journey and read parts which reflected my politics.Haha.Rosak budak2 ni.But we had so much fun.Then got Alifah and Faridah to play on Z's keyboard with music yang tersedia cos' they forgot their magical fingers.They could play other musical instruments better.Apa pasal tak bawak, I asked.Alifah said cos' we came with baca yassin mindset and didn't expect to perform. :D Well, life is full of surprises. Just bring anything, everything. :))

Bibik and Nik said they enjoyed having the students over.Me, too.They are all Z 's age or a year older.Is it any wonder?

Malam - went to visit Nadra.The older siblings were with their dad at the cinema.Nadra was overfeeding Nayli's 3 little fish which she got for her bday from her teacher.I thought I heard Nadra say "three's a crowd" Biar betul bdk umur 3 tahun ni. :)) But she's so funny.This week she finally said yes, I love Aunty Nor but screamed No! when Uncle Dee asked, " Do you love me?". Haha.



















2 comments:

FJ said...

Syoknyaaa!!!

Faridah said...

Kan? Next time, you visit us.