Friday, December 11, 2015

Happy retirement day, Cathie!

I don't remember how we met or when but my poetry book came out in 2006 and Cathie was one of those who told me she cried reading my poems.So it must be earlier than 2006.

Cathie is the type of person who makes you comfortable and welcomed all the time at functions in which she helps organise. She had served the NZ High Comm in KL for over 41 years.She married a local lawyer/judge and thank God, she will live here post-retirement so I will see her again.One of those friends you do not want to lose.

Last night, the new NZ High Commissioner (Cathie's 13th HC, 5th one for me) and his lovely wife threw a farewell party for Cathie and her close friends (all 15 of us) at Langgak Golf.We had NZ lamb, NZ dessert & ice cream and some Indian dishes improvised...the barley salad was really good..so was the curry flavoured tomato soup.Angela, HE's wife pasang lagu Yuna..she loves Yuna and Yuna sounded good in a NZ home.

M and I nyaris perang sabil cos' I silap quoted price..I wanted to say RM150k ..tertulis RM1500. Kata dia sebut sapa boleh buat kerja at RM9k.Kalau ada, suruh le (stg to this effect). Kah kah.When I corrected my figure and apologised for thinking cheap he said bkn cheap..charitable katanya.  :D

RMC mcm zombies trying to meet deadline.Semua org tensi.But the show has to go on.Ini kerja orang muda.

Some pics from last night.










2 comments:

Iskandar aka DR Bubbles said...

I saw a red nose there!

Faridah said...

You must get it.Dia boleh bercahaya! I didn't ask beli kat mana.Tu hidung Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer tu bkn hidung Dr Bubbles but if you have it, the kids at the hospital will love it esp when it glows in the dark.