Friday, December 18, 2015

Mengejar donia

Fui...tunggang langgang, berguling-guling doing this this week - in between marking papers, keying marks, doing a keynote speech for DELL postgraduate seminar,meeting with consultants, chasing MyRA marks, classes, dining out with friends on Xmas holiday in Msia, family tahlil and wedding..alhamdulillah masih dipanjangkan usia to be busy!

We had fun at the seminar.The Dean told us to do it every semester! My friends semua mcm oh tidak! :D We'll do it annually.Every sem, tak larat doh.

My class with my PhD students ended today.We are always happy even though we have a late class.That is what I like about my PhD classes.Full with energy.Ada yang ckp dia rasa nak enrol sekali lagi.Nik and Z said itu pemanis mulut.Haha.But I love them all.Yg ugrad ke pgrad ke, they are all brilliant lot.The ones who presented at the seminar made me proud.Dr Subra said the quality of papers was very high.Alhamdulillah.I hope we keep getting good students.Senang nak gilap.Kena marah pun depa suka! Devi told Mei, I wish Prof Faridah had scolded me earlier ( I marah betul sbb dia mcm2 alasan..which were all true..mak cancer..sekolah sibuk..sakit gigi..sakit bahu..I said do you want your PhD or not? Kalau tak ikut schedule, I would no longer want to supervise you..hambek! But she sped up.Lovely!) That's the spirit...terimalah kemarahan guru dgn hati yang lapang. :) The trick is : just follow the schedule given.

Sean and Kerry Foley and I dined at Marini's at 57. My second time there.Always exciting.Kali ni we bumped into Nicol David, her coach Liz Irving and her friends visiting from Holland.She's so super friendly.Her Dutch friend who took our pics with her pun super baik.Sean and Kerry made wonderful companions.Mcm2 lah cerita mereka..in Saudi, in Nashville, in Malaysia.Nik joined us later (driving from Bangi).Z and Amir were having their meeting on their Interninsider somewhere at KLCC.It's a busy household!

The meeting with our brand consultants went well.It's nice dealing with M.We have to open tender on the job.

Sean's talk at my Engl 4515 went well.The kids enjoyed him and his topic on art in KSA.We debated whether to do that or American Lit at dinner at Marini's.Tough decision cos' both were very interesting.But we decided on KSA cos' the perspective of an American would be rare.American Lit we can read any time. :)

What a way to end a semester.Lepas class, terus rushed to send Bibik to her relative's (her off day) and Ummi's at Putrajaya.We missed the tahlil but dinner was still on.I just had my mee siam.Most of the clan are here.The wedding is on Saturday.



















No comments: