Sunday, August 28, 2016

A day at Tengku Kudin


                                          Dibikin oleh Karim


It started as a casual conversation.My psychologist friend, Assoc. Prof Dr. Shukran (who promoted my blog to everyone - at a time when I was seriously thinking of shutting it down after Mek's death) read an article on Raub in a Firefly magazine while onboard going somewhere.He was mesmerised by the writing and pics of Raub. I said you better see and experience Raub yourself.And I arranged with Haji Lokman, Pengetua Sekolah Tengku Kudin (my alum at Mahmud, reintroduced by Sharida in Miri) for a career guidance workshop.Dr. S brought with him IIUM alums to assist.

And what a session it was! We all had fun.The kids were attentive and responsive (tiada paksa rela.They came out of their own will).As we stood listening to their school song, we thought how a day's caring could trigger so much motivation and semangat...not only for the students but us, the teachers. I hope this is just a beginning.If Dr. Shukran and Firdaus, Karim and Anwari are reading this: thank you, well done and kipidap! I'm glad you guys (including Haji Lokman and Cikgu Roslan) enjoyed Raub dinner with tempoyak-pucuk ubi-petai and sambal hitam dishes (and durian "organik" from my nephew's kebun).Please visit again!

Some pics:
















2 comments:

FJ said...

dr shukran was my lecturer some time in 2003/2004. good to 'see' him after so many years. thank u so much for making it possible (for ex students like me) to keep up with the going ons in iium via your wonderful blog, doc!

Faridah said...

FJ: Dr. Shukran has a heart of gold.Jgn lupa doakan guru-guru.