Thursday, August 11, 2016

More creamy news

Of all the creamy days, today's the one that made me restless and tensi.When I told Shapx I wanted to invite his Dato over, idak le I sangka he would straight call him up and pleaded to go to our Cream event.Tiba-tiba he said Dato setuju.When weeks later I called his Secretary, she was clueless. I told her. Dato said yes to Shapx.Dato was overseas and could not confirm.Finally, alhamdulillah he said yes.

What Shapx did not tell me was Dato was a very particular person.He wanted everything in order (and I'm a disorderly person).But we managed to work things out..he wanted Shapx to introduce him..Shapx sibuk in Perlis...akhirnya I must have looked so muka 20 sen, he said oklah, you introduce me.Sehari suntuk I mengarang to capture this bigger than life person.Shapx gave some points cos' he knew him better so today, I minta Dato Seri Mashkuri to be mc cum moderator and invite me to read Dato's intro.Luckily, DS Mashkuri ni sporting orangnya.Such a kelakar person.Former VC of Tenaga.It was fun listening to an Engineer bantering with a banker and an enterpreneur on the half glass/half full water.Kelakar gila and witty.Dato said as an Enterpreneur he would not see it half full or empty..he would be thinking of adding syrup and selling it.:))

Dato's banker friend was fun to talk to.He started Islamic banking in Indonesia.
The afternoon session (second talk for the day) was a bonus. Sayang crowd tak ramai.I heard Dato Yusof (another Dato Yusof) before and I'd hear him again.A scientist working on Muslim scientists' works.He spoke of the first man who flew.Not the Wright brothers.He also detailed the making of perfume and the wrong concept of what alchohol was citing an Islamic scholar who said if the source was not haram,the perfume boleh bwk solat and basically most expensive perfumes are frm plants..leaves ke..bunga ke..getah tumbuhan tu ke.Byk lagilah ilmu sains kami belajar.Fantastic.Fabulous.We must keep this conversation going.











No comments: