Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Another creamy discovery

My partner in crime, Dr. Amani as Head of Pitch Your Product session, had executed well the competition.She brought her high flyer judges (two of them MIT grads and enterpreneurs, the third is also an MD and the fourth, a graceful lady CEO who had recently returned from the US, at one point serving United Nations, to serve her aging parents).

The students (both undergrads and postgrads) who made it (out of 60 registered) are obviously highly disciplined, very focused and determined (all 17 of them).Imagine they had only 9 days to showcase their innovative products/ideas in a 5 mins video clip.Dahlah tak pernah hayat hayun dia org buat vid clip or pitch.Not only I was impressed, the judges had fun as well.But we had even more listening to their (judges') clever and constructive comments.Students pun boleh tahan responding to their queries.MasyaAllah...I hope this competition will be a permanent feature.Imagine if we have a tv prog mcm ni..brp byk products the country can generate.Ni dok sibuk pertandingan nyanyi..raja lawak..

Mek is back in the hospital.Doc gives her morphine now.I dah tak terkata except pray that she is strong (we, too) menghadapi semua ini.

I am set to complete writing the intro for DYJ today.More reviews to be done..a request from Brunei now..kerja frm Australia and India belum buat.Weii...if I could do freelancing je but the job comes with my position at the uni (as an academic).Kalau dah pencen, lalat pun tak hinggap...this was what my aruah mom in law used to say.

No comments: