Monday, August 15, 2016

Saturday forum and what came after

I was invited about 2-3 weeks ago to be one of 3 panelists at a forum organised by a young research body headed by one of my old friends, Dina Zaman. A fantastic idea setting an org like that and Dinz has many young people of gen y working with her. I'm amazed.

I enjoyed the discussions only I could not linger longer after the forum. A little later, Sal rang to say Mek's condition worsened.We were all very exhausted but I got Faiz (Nik's Faiz..we both have nephews by the same name) to come with us in case Nik ngantuk to drive.True enough..masa balik, Faiz had to drive.This weekend, kami semua tak cukup tidur.In fact this week (for me, this month) has been a busy one for the household.Si Z pun boleh tahan with her 3 projects.Mek said all 3 of us worked very hard (masa dia boleh bercakap lagi). I said this is the standard lifestyle in KL.

I found out on Sunday that doc gave Mek on Saturday up to Sunday morning to live je.By will of Allah (cos' yang menghidupkan dan yang mematikan) hanya Allah.Ptg Ahad although sedated, Mek was still breathing.Visitors dtg tak putus2 dari jauh dan dekat.I broke down cos' sedih no one took proper care of her esp when she went back to the hospital on Wedn.We were all very tired and thought she'd be looked after by the nurses. Nurses bkn nurses private hospital.They even asked Kak Ngah to mandikan Mek sendiri. Mek had a fall.Lucky tak memudaratkan.Thursday or Friday, Kak Ngah slept over.We had applied for a maid but that might take 2-3 weeks more.Mek needs 24/7 care.Period.

So if you are reading this, say a little prayer for Mek.Semoga Allah sembuhkan dia dan menjaganya di dalam rahmatNya.

No comments: