Thursday, September 27, 2012

Bellagio Limited

waiting for the ferry to Bellagio from Como

 Bellagio Lake

 More of it

 The town

 By the lake

If only KL has this...

 Must be pretty in winter

 shops at Bellagio

 The shops are all like these

Nice view of the lake from top

This in Como before going to Bellagio.Carlo and
Roberto assisted me in choosing Italian cds
 Seen here with lots of shopping bags

 Full with tourists

not for people with special needs/on wheelchairs

Ahh friends..alas...I made a bad judgment with regard to Bellagio...


If ever you come to Como, DO NOT stay at Como but take the fast ferry (it will cost a bit more but you save an hour on the trip) and stay in Bellagio.Not only it is prettier but there are a lot of things to do and see.Shopping is very very good.Menyesal tak sudah tak google betul2. I didn't have time too in KL..packing pun last minute.
Anyway, you know now..Bellagio is the place to go/stay in the Lake District upnorth Italy.The shops are so cute.Mostly old people own or look after these shops.And boy, have they some character! One chap kedai kasut..he would not allow anyone in his shop...everything is displayed in the window with price tags and all.Haha..funny yah? How much money does he make in a day when customers cannot go past his door?

Then my fav was this souvenir shop (all sorts..you have leather bags, glasses, etc) which was looked after by two sisters (they looked like they were in their 70s..very sharp and could be grumpy).One lady was boasting about the quality of their leather handbags..but I saw one strap came off! Tak jadi I beli.Then I saw something I liked.I haggled.She got upset..she said if you like, you buy.If not, don't ask for reduction..my shop is not that kind of shop.We sell quality products.Wough..ganas. A minute later, the strap came off her leather handbag.So much for quality! :) Nik wanted to buy a wallet.The other old woman asked me which colour was good to take home to Malaysia (she was trying to help Nik decide on the colour). I asked are you giving that free, as a gift to my husband? She said Nooo..why should I throw water to the sea?Haha..bahasanya sungguh klasik gitu! I nak ambik gambar, both of them said no.Ketidak, I'm sure you too would love them. Stylo habeh! Grumpy but lovable.Suka nyakat mereka. :))

Como produces silk (byk scarves mcm kat Tie Rack tu and more) but you will find them only at Bellagio...not cheap but nice designs.Just pulun cos' you won't find them anywhere, anymore (at least here it would be cheaper).

I'd sell nasi lemak at Bellagio next summer,to pay for my silk and leather handbags/shoes and expensive villa to stay.This place is a heaven on earth.

3 comments:

Mawar said...

Kak F
Sambal nasi lemak jangan pedas sangat!

Faridah said...

Mawar: hahah..letak je Thai cili sauce Maggie..but mana nak cari daun pisang? :)

Mawar said...

Kak F
Banyak nasi lemak sekarang sudah hilang keaslian termasuk tidak dialas daun pisang. InsyaAllah boleh buat. Inovatif!