Tuesday, September 04, 2012

LGBT seminar

Kak Oni rang to ask if I could represent IMAN at this lgbt half day seminar at IKIM.I had to cancel my meeting with a potential client with Dr. Azman.

Interesting papers although there was hardly time for us to come out with real resolutions cos' of time constraint.I asked Datin Azizan to organise another follow-up session with focused groups..tak tau apa jadi cos' I left early, rushing to another appointment on campus.Then Dr Maszlee and gang sambung meeting over my lunch with Pian, insisting I belanja. Oh well! :))

But I truly liked papers by Ustaz Hanafi ( founder of SIDIM) and Dr. Harlina (medical perspective).Ustaz Hanafi,IIUM alum turned businessman..had so much money he didn't know wht to do with his life before he decided to do community work saving all sorts of addicts..from drug addicts to sex addicts to mat rempit addicts etc.It's so amazing that the Prof. from Jakarta who does similar work in Indonesia said he wanted to adopt his model and that all Muslim countries should too in addressing their lgbt issues.According to Hanafi (a young chap with a great sense of humour), his rehab centres (ada 10 buah bungalows around the nation with JAKIM Pahang showing fantastic support and work..I thought I saw Abi's pic in one of his slides and he said "I like this ustaz..he works with the abos and does fantastic job with the lgbt group as well."Need to check with my sister.Abi is my bro in law who works with Jabatan Agama Phg) have 1500 sex workers enrolled with them (mak nyah)... 25 have become hafiz..2 will continue their studies in the Middle East.Fantastic, kan? Ustaz Hanafi's approach berjaya mengubat bkn sahaja drug addicts but sex addicts as well.He was saying apa2 addicts..petandanya keluar peluh sejuk, tangan dan badan menggigil and air liur meleleh..fuiyooo..if you have these symptoms, contact Ustaz Hanafi..ahaks.Ustaz Hanafi said face-booking pun boleh ketagih.Bolehlah pi berubat kat SIDIM. Cegah sebelum parah. :))

If I rajin, I sambung.This seminar is very da interesting.


No comments: