Monday, August 26, 2013

First World Congress on Integration and Islamicisation of Acquired Human Knowledge

Keynotes: Prof Muhaya, Prof Kasule and Prof Kamal Hassan
PM Najib Razak was held captive for close to 4 hours at IIUM!
He launched the Congress and Islamic City. 
Yours truly lunching with former Rector Abdul Hamid AbuSulayman
and Prof Rosnani at Prince Hotel, KL
Lelaki-lelaki Melayu terakhir: Datuk Jamil and Prof Hazizan
 (P.Ramlee masa muda lookalike)
Prof Malik Badri
Semangat kuat..walaupun dah tua dan uzur, dtg juga dia dari Makkah
Cak! (glasses is on)


Everything was happening too fast. What with Irshad's situation, my own series of medical checkup, IWFF AND IYSFC preps...I missed my chairing session! Sangat memalukan! Tne venue was changed.I thought it was at IIUM.Rupa2nya the morning session je at Prince (was changed to Prince from the initial IIUM) and ptg back to IIUM for launching by PM Najib Razak.I missed two meetings and missed the last two days emails in which they announced the last min changes.But it was a blessing in disguise cos' Kak Oni took over and no one could have done it better.And so apt for her to be wired with Tan Sri Jamilah Mahmud (she and Rector were the keynotes who I was supposed to chair).Tan Sri Kamal Hassan pun tak kisah.I think dia pun faham kekalutan yg berlaku.Mana nak launch Islamic City lagi, IIUM as premier Islamic uni lagi.If he pening,I lagi lah. :) I managed to be at the Prince (naik train since jam terok gila) to catch the tail of the session.Kawan2 gelak when I told them why I went missing (nama dah ada dlm prog book).If you think I takda rasa malu, think again! :D

But I thought the Congress went well.Loved all the keynotes and some papers I managed to catch.Former Rector Abdul Hamid AbuSulayman reminded me of Ben Anderson.In his ailment and old age,dia duduk menunggu, listening to papers and presentations...some were not that great.Sungguh humble.Tapi siap! Dia suka menyampuk tak kena masa.Haha.

Some pics.

No comments: