Saturday, May 10, 2014

Old friends

Part of my Kyoto trip highlights was meeting an old friend from my NZ days. Seiki is now a Prof of Linguistics who took the trouble to cancel his meetings at work,travelled on the train from another province to meet up and showed me and my friends his city (he's from this region).

We had a nice time talking about our families, work and the good old days. 
He teman kita shopping and pi a few historical spots in Kyoto.Mlm tu we ate at Gion. Byk benda I dah lupa but Seiki ni kuat ingatan dia except the part he thought we had a 5 years old in the group.Typical Prof le tu...I said 5 people going to dinner.Mana he got the idea, tak tau.I asked if he had ordered baby food and high chair.Haha.
The young undergrads of Waikato, 30 years on.

 Satu I suka tentang Seiki ni ...taste dia sama dengan I.Haha
Best coffee in Japan is from Kenya and the owner of this cafe (agak fine dining)
is third generation of coffee makers.

The surroundings at the coffee cafe as we were going uphill to see
one of the oldest shrines in Kyoto where you can see the whole
of Kyoto from a look-out
air that comes through this place comes from a waterfall.
Orang minum to cleanse the soul ke hapa.
Seiki suruh minum.I takut syirik so I just basuh tangan dan minum untuk rasa apa rasa air tu sikit.
Tak macam zam-zam.

Nampak mudah but agak berat besi penadah air tu.
I was screaming (something a  Japanese would never do in public)
That was why people were looking at our direction.
No doubt I had embarassed my friend.Nasib dia tak harakiri

From the look-out at Kiyomizu Temple
walking down (naik, naik tangga yang berlapis-lapis)
we show our age tapi Seiki nmpk tua lagi. :))

No comments: