Sunday, May 11, 2014

The Sawais

The Sawai family is such a nice family...dari anak sulong dia Makoto right up to the youngest Tomoko...semua baik-baik.Tsutomu who is doing his PhD in Japanese religion and culture speaks perfect English ( he had spent a year at the Uni of Oxford and will be going again for his post-doc). Dia ni mudah sangat gelaknya and moving with a group of 4 crazy people like us was crazy.By close to 9 pm, not only were we so melepek but Tsutomu pun mcm jelly dah letihnya.

Some pics:

I gave Tsutomu the name of a wrong hotel.Sejam dia tunggu I turun from my 
room to lobby.Nasib the hotel was just seberang jalan
One of the oldest shrine (golden shrine)
My travelling companions: Dr Saodah and son (taking the pic), me and 
my PhD supervisee ( I make it a point to expose my supervisees
to international conferences without riding on their research)
Tsutomu jalan laju
memang rasa damai di sini.Everything is so terletak

Oji is about the same age as Tsutomu
a look-out

Harvard-trained Prof Sawai, an expert on Hinduism with his wife Keiko 
and daughter Tomoko
Mana ada Prof dan keluarganya naik keretapi dekat 2 jam nak raikan tetamu
yang tidak berjawatan mcm kami? Hanya di Jepun
Full marks for presentation
kalau kita, bekas ni boleh letak budu
mobile barbecue set
yang akan di-barbecue-kan
sup tofu lembik.Sedap
sangatlah humble orangnya.Speaks and reads many languages 
termasuk Sanskrit

tak ingat sebab apa saya ambik gambar ni

tempura
alfafa and stg
the singing fountain depan hotel kami
my fav: green tea ice cream
nasi pulut
Kyoto Tower depan hotel kami
a fantastic architecture..looking up to sky garden
looking down from sky garden where Isetan is 9 floors on my left


we missed the cherry blossoms.Ni je yang tinggal of Spring

No comments: