Monday, May 12, 2014

More memories of Kyoto

I will want to return with my family for a real holiday here jika diizinkan Allah.

the map of the Imperial Palace which is open only twice
 a year to the public
so kami cuma bergambar depan batu UNESCO ni je la
(which declared the site as a world heritage)
ni kat tempat lain

some of the participants of a session at the conference
This lady is from Turkey (who later came to me to ask about my topic and 
dalam tergesa-gesa tu I forgot to bring my card.Cheh! But she took my email add)
masa yang terhad untuk topic yang besar (for all)

eating from our Japanese lunch boxes.And networking
too many fine dining jap restaurants kat mall bawah hotel kami
Ni kat Gion tempat Seiki bawak kita dinner
traditional homes turned posh dining area, Gion
colour yang menarik
orang selalu ingat Gion was once a red-light district.It was never
Seiki kata kat shrine ni lah geishas pi semayang sesudah dan sebelum kerja.
I looked up Wiki...Gion was never that kind of place and geishas are not pros
in front of Gion Uemori,the restaurant where we dined in Gion.Seiki had to book
a week early and that was the last table
waitress dia fasih ckp English
This I will never forget.Raw fish yang buat I kena keracunan makanan.Sashimi tuna and snapper, dipped in soy sauce or eaten with wasabi
On the day kebakaran berlaku (but it was not here).Ni depan
hotel kami
ah...the river in Gion as we all strolled and talked nonsense, coming 
back from dinner
you'll love this area.Damai.
takda yang bising dan mabuk
sup
tempura
At the roofed market downtown
macam-macam ada
yang mungkin boleh dimakan mentah
kerang sebesar telor ayam
downtown Kyoto is very modern and besar
masih di pasar berbumbung
jika nak beli kain ela
Japanese garden
bukan autumn pun tapi pokok ni mungkin plastik.
Hard to tell in Japan
yang ramai pakai mcm ni pelancong luar yang sewa baju Jepun.
Jangan tertipu
I'm quite sure this is pegaga but Seiki kata tak leh makan.

Bdk-bdk sekolah beli gula-gula pelbagai perisa
yang diperbuat dari tepong beras, isinya mcm2 flavour: banana,
strawberry, cokelat etc
third generation penenun sutera Jepun di Kyoto.I bought a tie for
my cik abang di rumah
makanan Jepun yang halal! (in our hotel area)
typical Japanese lunch box meal
Mak Makoto kasi..ingat ubat gegat but Seiki kata gula2
so boleh dimakan dgn selamat
where we stayed.Very convenient
Sushis sold at Kyoto Station area
one of two things I sempat beli di Isetan.Harganya da bomb
but made in Japan
byk tempat semayang mcm ni di tepi2 jalan

the selendang I liked so much.Two items dah dekat seribu ringgit Malaysia!
But made in Japan.Puas hati!

Sisa-sisa musim bunga di Kyoto
Had a quick meeting and drinks with two Profs from Kyoto
Uni's Centre of SEASian Studies: Mario dan Carol
I enjoyed the time out with them.Nak datang kembali!

Kamo River dekat Uni of Kyoto.Ada org duduk atas batu tu 
main music
cuisine yang berbeza every time makan
backgroundnya cantik.This at the conference 
venue: Kyoto Research Park

No comments: