Sunday, May 18, 2014

High drama

Sometimes I feel we no longer know how to take care of our aged parent.She's 82 this year and as her health deteriorates, we think of the best ways to make her comfortable.

On Saturday, Mek drove back after driving my mom back to Raub to fulfil her wish to "tengok rumah". The house is long abandoned since my mom moved to live in KL and JB every now and then.On Sunday, mak was supposed to fly with Farhan (Sal's eldest son) to JB but I had a distress sms frm Sal at 7.30 pm on Sat saying my mom didn't stop bleeding from her fistular at tne Dialysis Centre.My husband and I rushed to the scene and while the nurses struggled to stop the blood frm flowing mcm flood, we prepared to drive her to a private hospital near my home.Basyir had to come with us to help press the arm so tht blood would stop.Midway, Basyir was saying baju mereka dah lenjun with blood.By the time we sampai the hosp, nurses and guards rushed to rush my mom to the emergency room.It looked like someone had stabbed her in the stomach.

Nak jadikan cerita, doctor binggong on duty tu said they could not handle the situation cos' my mom was bleeding too critically.They could only try to stabilise her and suggested I bring her bck to HUKM where she did her fistular and that she had to go in the ambulance.Blood pressure was too high then it went too low.As I was going out, I sempat beritau doctor ngok tu how surprised I was he didn't want to do anything to my mom.Si ngok tanya I,"But what can I do?". I said if anything happens to my mom on the way,I'd hold him responsible.When I met up with two members of the family who're doctors themselves, they told me to report the matter to MMC for unprofessional behaviour (it was an emergency). Maybe I should..in case it happens to others..kalau nak cases yang cantik je, janganlah buka hospital babe.Buka la health resort sahaja..tempat orang berehat-rehat.This country is going to the dogs, I tell ya.

So I merasalah naik ambulance...I found something more disturbing.Most motorists do not give way to emergency sirens! Mereka drive mcm lenggang2 kangkung! I asked tne nurse attending to my mom in the ambulance: adakah ini normal..people not giving ways? She said biasa kak.Mereka tak cepat-cepat kasi ruang.

But I have to give it to the young doctors at HUKM emergency room.They all looked tired but they served dengan penuh rasa tanggungjawab.One young doctor nmpk letih sangat tapi masih terus bekerja.Mukanya haram nampak mcm he felt he should not be there.I must write to the CEO and Dean to congratulate them.Berbeza betul dgn hospital penipu yg private tu (naik ambulance with emergency service tu dah RM800+.., mak I nyaris juga nak mati).

I really feel if we pay a bit more to government  hospitals esp uni hospitals pun tak apa.They work hard!

No comments: