Friday, August 22, 2014

National mourning

I missed the lintas langsung but the uni had special prayers both at the mosque and at the Multi Purpose Hall of IIUM Sch.

We had to downplay the eidul fitri/merdeka event where Dato K and Dato Siti Nurhaliza were special guests.Datin Suliza Salam whose child got the best A level student was also at the main table of which I was the key guest (Chairman could not come so I sat in as one of the board members rep the Board).Of cos' I was overshadowed by the guests of honour (not that I minded)... Dato Siti kena serbu but Dato K was so sporting that he said it's OK for the standard 1 and lower primary kids to sit on the floor when Dato Siti offered to sing lagu merdeka.Nak pengsan I when the table I was at was surrounded by bdk2 kecik.One child practically sat next to Dato K.Haha.Cute sgt.I'm impressed that the kids know Dato Siti and loved her. Her skin mcm porcelain cantiknya.I berborak2 kecil...told her I shared the same birthday date as her (ada aku kisah? Haha).She said yes, Siti pun 11/1.I said Capricorn.She said Siti pun. :)) But she is such a nice person.Tak sombong lalu.Datin Suliza's daughter yg kat LSE tu kawan baik Amir and Z had slept over at her plc at Bayswater.We (the mothers) had agreed to get our daughters to help the A level kids write personal statements for their UK unis termasuk anak Dato K who's just joined the A level sch.A decent young man who hopes to go to LSE too.InsyaAllah.

Balik frm the event (where I gave a short speech and rasmikan the merdeka gimmick and then..a little gal gave me a basket of roses...halamak..so sweet), we rushed to penjara Kajang for our writing workshop.What an experience.Will keep a diary on this (bkn utk tatapan umum).We finished late.Dr. N ajak makan nasi Arab at her house..both lamb and chicken.Her hubby just got back frm Turkey and gave us baklava.I thought wei..if baru satu trip pi Kajang dah murah rezeki mcm ni, syukur alhamdulillah betul lah! :))

I came home to pics of sadness..jenazah victims of MH17 dah sampai.The kids yg paling kesian.Semoga ibubapa mereka ditempatkan di dalam syurga firdaus and they will meet again as a family.Alfatihah.













4 comments:

Mawar said...

Kak F
Serasi.
Sama orang Pahang, sama hari lahir.

Faridah said...

Mawar: Memang saya tahu satu hari kami akan berjumpa juga sebab saya selalu joke dia twin saya.Kata orang law of attraction. :) Tapi tak la sangka sampai duduk sebelah menyebelah macam ni tanpa dirancang.Kalau mcm ni saya ada kemungkinan jumpa Russell Brand sbb selalu joke suka dia. :D

Mawar said...

Kak F
Tapi RB tu tak sama tarikh lahir. Tak akan duduk sebelah dia lah!

Faridah said...

Mawar: :)) Ada satu lagi possibility law of attraction: Sean Ghazi.Suka lagu dia (kebanyakan lagu2 P.Ramlee diberi nafas baru)..Birthday tak sama. :(