Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Stories from the rivers

They have all gone polluted.And forgotten.

Sg. Koyan misalnya was the first place where I worked as a part time teacher.I stayed at the teacher's apartment (more like a hostel).Water was not reliable.Zaman tu mana ada internet or mobile phone.We had (there were two other teachers with me) lots of insects in the apartment.Every weekend I would travel back to my mom's plc in Raub, tompang kereta Cikgu Subra (an adopted Chinese child given to an Indian couple)He drove a Mercedes with his eyes closed cos' he knew the road too well.Allen and I used to squirm but Allen had been a longer companion so he was used to Mr. Subra sleeping and driving on the Raub-Koyan road.

Pagi Isnin we'd travel bck to Sg. Koyan and stayed on till Friday. The kids and parents were nice.They'd give me bananas as gifts every now and then.I taught the kids indoor aerobics.Sekali tu Allen termasuk and saw us without our tudung. Allen masuk Islam some years later.

Sg Pusu - masih cokelat warnanya.Bertambah cokelat apabila pembangunan menggila di sekeliling UIA.Biawak Sg Pusu on campus is now as huge as a croc.It has become a regular sighting..something we'd proudly show to our clueless visitors: there goes a crocodile. :))

Hari ni Sg Pusu mengamuk.Ada org menyenaraikan kajiannya sebagai kajian dia. Mungkin memaafkan lebih mudah dari menyingsing lengan baju mcm Shahrizat.Dato AS cakap I was the best chairperson hari ni bila badai menggila. Begitulah cerita sungai.

Sg Lipis - diberitahu Ratu Kuala Lipis will be at our raya function.I dropped everything to honour a philanthropist.Semoga rezeki mereka bertambah, kukuh imannya.

2 comments:

Mawar said...

Kak F
pencinta alam sekitar.

Faridah said...

Mawar: mati mereka, mati kita.Cinta diri sendiri. :)