Sunday, October 12, 2014

Anak yang berkat

I was on duty at the 4th session of IIUM's 30th convo.It's been ages since I joined the convo procession but it's quite fun meeting other colleagues looking good in their academic robes.

We were so touched by the speech given by a student rep (from my Dept)..not only was she so articulate in her language and thought, she could also speak Arabic fluently and so humble.Her mom died when she was small and nampak on the big screen her dad and grandma menyapu air mata as she mentioned her mom.I pun dah bercucuran airmata on stage dah.Selalu la tak bawak tissue.Cheh.

Her father nampak mcm orang biasa-biasa aja..jenis mcm educated PAS supporter..cultured and yet warak.I thought patutlah berkat hidup dia..ada anak yang cerdik, alim, bersopan santun...cantik.I wish them well.But the lesson to take home is always this: our children are who we are. Kalau nak hidup mereka diberkati, ibubapa sendiri mesti mendapat berkat Allah Taala.

A reminder for myself.

 antara species yang hampir pupus di university...

 very few male graduands

 proud moment for parents and graduands
(over 1000 graduands at this 4th session)

 from where I was sitting

 English undergraduate (haha)
Prof Moten

Laksa Johor after the convo

No comments: