Friday, October 31, 2014

ASA talk

We celebrated teacher's day (supposedly to be on Oct 5) today with a talk..well..a forum..by Prof Aslam and Prof Idrus (of Uni Tun Hussein Onn).A lot of things were raised.

A question which disturbed us most was whether academics are civil servants or uni workers.Byk bezanya di situ.MAAC is trying hard to push for a pay raise.Muhyddin dok say I support I support (sejak berzaman but ntg happens). I told Idrus..MAAC got the wrong tree...MoE or even JPA cannot decide cos' the Ministry that holds the purse is MoF (kebetulan I had just spoken to someone at MoF with regard to teaching rate per hour.IIUM kata dia follow gomen rate but even if we follow gomen rate, tne rate is still below the gomen rate...depa ni baca ke tidak circular gomen nih?By right, we should follow the circular for IPTS..it's RM400 per hour.Inilah antara sbb I was so keciwa cos' cerdas wants to pay more than RM200 per hour to staff teaching outside the uni.Kull kata kena ikut rate uni.Now semua yg terlibat dah malas nak buat kerja luar.Penat, OK? Family time pun ilek.

Bukan kita kerja utk duit..my colleagues tak minta pun but as a Head who facilitates outside progs, I want to recognise their sacrifice and motivate them.Itupun tak boleh.Where is space for creativity and innovation.Semlm I said the same thing to my Dean.But Dean I ni baik.A good listener.He supported wht I raised but penat wei..everytime we want to do more, kena gaduh2, bising2 mcm ni.Makcik dah tua, nak.Makcik nak duduk bersimpuh la pulak instead of kung fu all the time.Makcik ni sebenarnya lemah lembut, nak.Ahaks. Anyway,Nik is back from his 5-day management course in Spore.Mahal, nak, course depa ni.If it were done over the weekend boleh le I nompang sekaki nyopping in Spore. I'll work again all day besok.But it should be interesting.

Watch this space for reports.

No comments: