Monday, October 20, 2014

When you over-commit..

..inilah padahnya.Pukul 2 pagi baru boleh tidur!

But alhamdulillah, berjaya juga menyiapkan paper yang diharapkan penutup tirai 2014.Macam marathon wei bulan October ini.Well, 2014 actually. But as the slogan goes: to have an employment is better than not having any.Bersyukurlah Malaysia masih aman. :D

***********************************************************************

It's an international conference on creativity and innovation.90% came from Middle East.English papersnya sedikit maka English-speaking audience lagi lah sikit.Buat penat I tidur pukul 2 am je.Cheh.My audience ada tiga orang je: two fellow presenters and one moderator.Macam main makcik2 je but we decided to have conversations with each other after our 15 mins presentation.Time I nak stop, my audience said pls continue cos' I was on an interesting topic...ahaks! My fellow speakers and moderator were seasoned academics..Dr. Norzalifa spoke on her green mosque project (the first in Msia, second in Southeast Asia) located in Ara Damansara.Nanti I nak pi solat situ rasa masjid tanpa air-con and airnya naturally recycled from air hujan.Barang2 semua environment friendly.Dr Norzalifa promises to work on saving our campus river.Rasa boleh jadi bff dgn dia nih. :))

The other academic is from Syria.Dia ambik video I on Tony Buzan.Ambiklah..it's on youtube anyway.Tony has this nice English voice.Suka dengarnya.

Meanwhile my Rector shared a story told to her by this Harvard Prof at INTAN baru2 ni on the need to change to survive.Another eagle story but I like this better than the one with the ducks.

This Harvard Prof said kita mesti jadi mcm eagle which can live up to 70 years old but by 40, it will die if it does not change cos' its beak would have gone crooked (so it can't eat properly) and other parts pun mula melendut.What it does is it will knock its beak against a rock and break it.A new beak will grow.Once grown, it will pluck all its old feathers to make way to new ones and then mcm diberi nafas baru, it can soar high and start a new life.

Wah...I need to break my beak! I'm past 40. haha.

Byk lagilah cerita innovation and creativity yang lain but cerita hanjing juga baguz.I had a conversation in whatsapp with one of my ustaz friends.I said I find it odd ada org beria2 nak ajar pasal Islam through I wanna touch dogs campaign.Kot kempen for cats ada juga faedahnya since Rasulullah suka cats and also byk cats mati kena siksa (depa letak dlm botol idup2 lah..bakar idup2 la etc).I said esok if my cucu nak hanjing as pet, who do I blame? Sensational campaign aku cinta hanjing? He said ajar le anak cucu Islamic Education..jgn ikut kejahilan ibubapa (I ke tu? Ahaks). Another ustaz friend mencelah Islamic Education Not dog education.:)) Sapa la pulak kata tak boleh sentuh hanjing (kering).Yang kita bantah featuring Muslim bertudung pegang hanjing..cari le juga yang berpakaian yenki dan tak bertudung.Nak mendidik ke nak apa ni? Nak tunjuk Islam tu terbuka? Byk cara lain.But tak pyh la nak nunjuk2 sebenarnya.If it's good habit, org akan tau juga.


2 comments:

Iskandar aka DR Bubbles said...

Salam,

Mana cerita Terbos 1? Hehehe!

Faridah said...

Dr. Bubbles: next change.:D I pun dah lupa pasal dia ni.Now it could just be anyone too!