Monday, October 27, 2014

Post sidang kemuncak

Most of us were put on the last flight to KL.Nak masuk 10 pm..delayed cos' of heavy rain and lightning segala.Turbulence terok juga for a part of the journey.I had made another interesting friend so sitting next to her kept me occupied from fear of dilambung2.

My paper went well alhamdulillah..sharing it with Azhar from Spore (we often meet at conferences aje.He said next time he'd invite me over to give a talk in Spore pulak).Dia pun provocative so session kita menjadi agak tegang on the mafia and crony culture in the book industry.Dato Kemala said dia pun mangsa (you could hear a pin drop if you were there!). Sebelum tu another older writer took issue with factor jgn sombong which was quoted from my interview with Dipika..dah habis pulak editor kena seret dan dicabar.Pas tu another older writer picked on who's job to promote their work yada yada.All were valid enquiries and comments and I'm glad things were brought out in the open.The GM of ITBM who moderated the session said it was a lovely session and he enjoyed it.Prof. Muhd Haji Salleh pun told me the same thing.The ladies continued to talk about it as we waited for our plane home.Tengok2 tengah menceritakan hal, terperasan org yg kita tengah ceritakan itu ada di hadapan kami.Kantoi! :))



I was mesmerised by performances by Khaled Salleh, Agi, Lim Swee Tin, Dato Zurinah Hassan last night at the baca puisi.Power giler betul dia org ni.

I took a cab with Hafizah to Pekan Rabu to buy stuffs.Masa balik kita pulak tunjuk jln to the taxi driver pakai my waze cos' he didn't know the way to the golf resort.Nak tergelak betul org Kedah ni.


At the airport, had dinner with Tim's brother - Prof Zaki Abu Bakar and with my new gf writers.Dia ni kelakar mcm Tim juga and kita dok bincang pasai cerita Luncai in Zurinah's poetry.Zaki said he knew why isteri Luncai killed him but bila disuruh cerita, he said tak ingat la pulak.Kah kah.Swee Tin said he and Zurinah had a book together on cerita2 rakyat.I nak carilah buku tu.Zaki's book pun I nak cari.Sci-fi.Gamaknya beria la dia mengarut cerita. :D

I love being with all these writers...they are so, so inspiring and so, so talented!
On the train I bumped into two young ladies.I tanya balik dari mana? They said balik dari panjat Mt Kinabalu..naik sampai ke puncak (all 8 gals).Depa kerja clerk.Wow! Impressip! They showed me views semasa their climb up.I feel so beruntung menikmati kecantikan Mt Kinabalu without climbing it! Cantik sungguh okid2 hutan tu semua.

Zainal Abbas (Abg Chik of Abg Chik and Kak Yong, radio RTM)
He has a poetry book on Hang Tuah (which he gave me a copy)

Abdul Ghaffar Ibrahim (AGI) yang tak makan dek usia
(his performance pimpinlah kami sungguh clever...pimpinlah 
kami oh pemimpin ke arah kesenangan..)

Ladin Nuawi, another poet/artist
Assoc Prof Dr Lim Swee Tin
Dato' Dr Zurinah Hassan on si Luncai piece
Ku Seman Ku Hussein
Bakal sasterawanita pertama?
Pekan Rabu
Khalayak at our session
Tan Sri Zul pun ada
Session by the national laureates
Anak muda bermain api

No comments: