Thursday, December 04, 2014

Earn your respect

You have to earn it.Anything given is meaningless.No short cuts so do not be too proud if your journey to be the No. 1 was uneventful and short.The downfall will be even more swift.

Napa ni, you may ask.

I was in a conversation with my siblings about gen y being Bosses.They may be intelligent...Harvard sana, LSE sini, but as my other colleague said, maturity isn't there.A sister said (well two sisters actually) kerjanya dok berkejar mengadu ke no. 1 when things go wrong.Haha.How like my young nieces and cucu sedara.Sikit2 report ke mak/abah si polan tu buat.

My advice to young leaders: learn to work with diversities (class, race, gender, nationality, age) and be friendly with your grassroots. Jgn dok jadi little emperors or little rajas/queens. Takda sapa nak layan. And please, no four letter words (not at my workplace..ni I hear from another female friend).... konon bosses dia ivy league grads sangat...respect your female colleagues OK boys? You want respect, there ought to be self-respect first.Some of the stories are really shocking...you don't expect workplace harassments by these super kids would have anything to do with you being female.Totally disgusting. Patut lagi pandai lagi beradab.Padan juga my Prez buka kelas adab at IIUM. :D

No comments: