Thursday, December 11, 2014

Serigala jahat yang rongak

I was never convinced by the big huu haas of the big bad wolf thingy.Cheap will be as cheap gets.Here's my take on the whole thing:

A profitable way for people in the book industry to clear old stocks - jual buku yang tak laku elsewhere (just look at the dates: 2004, 2009, 2011; look also at the genres - the types which feed on your desires - cook books, diy books, children's books, pop fictions...with some luck, you'd find a small corner which carries some English lit titles which you could look up and read on your ebooks etc)

Yup, I was not sold.But then again, I do not have small kids to feast on those children's books.I guess you do get some bargains there.

I bought some old books (2004-2011) by thought gurus - how leaders teach their companies to win, letters from leaders and enchantment from the same author who wrote the art of the start.Books are meant to be kept not read - entah bila I can read them all, honestly! ( have started with enchantment, though)

Bibik and I did our Xmas shopping at The Mines - I took her on the water taxi on a return trip frm the mall to the KTM station and back.Bibik said mcm Italy yah...boat atas tasyik (tasik). I was also thinking "mcm Venice". This Bibik is the brightest bibik I ever have.She's going home soon cos' her daughter dah meragam.I know the feeling.Z was like that too towards the end of my PhD stint and I had to finish up writing the last two chapters from home.

Semoga the new  maid will be godsend too.

No comments: