Friday, December 05, 2014

The golden gals of IIUM

We were at Matric Subang Jaya, later Lembah Pantai
before moving to PJ campus






We hit 25 years at IIUM this evening.I can't believe that I have been driving back and forth IIUM for the last 25 years except for the years I lived abroad.Mak aii!

Tan Sri Prez said cohort ni la who built IIUM (which is slightly older than us). Sedih pulak memandang sekeliling dan bertemu rakan2 seangkatan zaman Matric, etc.Wow! Kami setia sungguh!

I was asked to give a speech on behalf of the recipients (ada 15th year and those retired also pun ada).I was so busy that only last nite je I had time to think deeply about it but I had interviewed some recipients so tht I would be truly representative.

It was inspiring to learn why those who stayed sampai pencen.Someone in the security service said cos' IIUM gave him lots of opportunity to increase his knowledge (training, skills, motivation).One lady said she loved the ukhwah she had with her colleagues.

Mmg terharu dgn rakan2 ni semua.Ironically I filled in a form to work in Europe today.Lepas geram over wht upset me last week.Sebenarnya I know I would not go anywhere! :))

I was saying to my Rector upstage dah tua dah I ni..dah 25 tahun at IIUM.Tan Sri tak perasan it was 25. He said 22 tahun ya? No ..I said..25 tahun Tan Sri.Altho I look 22 lah, I said.Rector pun tompang gelak.Haha.Being the witty man he was, TS said no, 20! I pulak nak tersedak mendengarnya. :D

Well, thank you for the great years,IIUM.Semoga Allah menerima bakti kami.Inilah pantun yg I sempat googled last minute since semua org dok berpantun at IIUM's functions now.

Tanam lenggur, tumbuh kelapa
Terbit bunga, pucuk mati
Budi tuan/puan kami tak lupa
Telah terpahat di dalam hati

Sampai skrg, I do not know the meaning of lenggur.It could be lenggun cos' I could not even read my own handwriting now.

One of the Deans said, mlm ni speech I begitu politically correct.I said well, I was speaking on behalf of others.Haha. Orang berbudi, kita berbahasa.Bising2 tu waktu kerja tu biasa la.Tak betul, kita marah. ;)

Yang pasti, we enjoyed meeting old friends and good cuisine.

No comments: