Thursday, May 28, 2015

Greetings from Singapore
















I arrived before noon.Sharleen was already waiting.Then we went to lunch at a nice Indian restaurant near my hotel.After lunch I wanted to shop kain at Arab St.Ann said it was a walking distance away so I pun menapak.Jauh bebenor! Balik I took a cab.Pakcik tu kasi I discount.Baiknya.

My event will start at 5.30 pm.Two other Australian women writers will also speak and read at the event.I baru nak polish up wht to say, which poems to read.

I hope it will go well.I will read some of my new pieces.

Alhamdulillah, we had a lovely session.A small crowd of 20-25 people..many from outside the uni so it was nice and cosy.SMU was having a long break so no students to make the crowd.Kirp had bad stomach from food poisoning in Phnom Penh.His comments of my Ebola piece was spontaneous and witty.I wrote of how our mortality was programmed to a certain time - it had an expiry date..Kirp related his conversation with his Spore taxi driver who told him..worry not..even Lee Kuan Yew died.:) - speaking of which mmg Spore taxi drivers are professional and kind.Everytime I naik, I got discounted price.Taxi Cina mcm tu, taxi Melayu pun gitu.Syukur alhamdulillah.Exchange rate was 2.7.Mmg jatuh wajib rakyat Msia terima sedekah!.

No comments: