Friday, August 28, 2015

Day 2

Mel and I kemain relaxed le kita punya papers dah over. Tri and Chin from Thailand and Spore pulak tak tidur malam last night.But because these are scholars hand-picked by respective governments, it was easy once they got down to do their job.We learnt so much about Thai lit (they have so many translated works cos' of the SEA Write Award..kalu nak ngajar now pun boleh cos' a decent number of writings had been translated over the last 37 years..that is how old SEA Write Award is..largely supported by the business community in Thailand).

Sebelum tu Prof Athi from Laos spoke.Dia ni very funny.We found out later that he's a diehard fan of Charlie Chaplin..he speaks perfect English (rupanya studied in Thailand, Australia and Sweden).He brought his famous cartoonist friend Arjan who is French mix.Dua-dua ni comedians.We learnt much also about Laos lit.Simply fascinating.

Ptg tu Chin pulak on.Dia ni yang paling muda dalam group tu.Very sweet lady (anak dah 2 nampak mcm single). Next week she and Becky (wakil Philippines also a SEA Write Awardee) will visit KL ..sorang on holiday, sorang on work.Tak menang tangan le I nanti melayan.Haha.

Mlm tu we were given a special treat..Mabuhay singers performed.They have performed for the last 50 stg years.Penyanyi utama ramai dah takda.

Then we had to read poems.I read my ASEAN pieces abt Spore, Manila and satu lagi on the new world order.Becky said I had a strong female voice in my work (org lain baca happy2 poems..I tak bolehlah,I jenis serious.Haha)

Pastu Mel pi cakap kita nak nyanyi lagu Rasa Sayang walhal lagu penutup dah nyanyi by the Mabuhay group.So depa pun suka la..ikut sama..then I had to sing the pantun..dlm van dah rehearsed dgn Mel then I ternyanyi pantun silap.Haha...Lepas dua lines tu I said alamak Mel..I forget the lines..So nyanyi je chorus and Mel did the other pantun.Rasa macam nak suruh lantai telan je saya masa tu.

But my Filipino friends tak kisah.Dr. Salizar said it didn't matter when I apologised for forgetting my lyrics.I tau la dia saja nak sedapkan hati I yang dah termalu. :D Hadoi..I think I kena masuk kelas nyanyi lagu2 traditional lah.Malu kat jiran2 kita,.They all know how to sing (except Spore..haha).

No comments: