Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Adegan yang anda tak mau lihat minggu ini

I made a scene at the hospital today.My appt was at 4 pm but I got to see the doc only 3 hours later.I pun apa lagi...mengamuk sakan.Dgn nurses kat counter.Dengan doktor.Hey, when you are a spine patient, you don't wait that long OK?Badan I ni mcm sotong kalau berdiri or duduk lama2.

So doc (yang I gempaq2 last visit saying he's so good, he's so good tu..he is tapi time management terok sgt.Masa he was on the defensive tu, he said pernah ada patient dari Kuching kena tunggu 8 jam.Ayooo..I said..you should be ashamed!)

Lepas tu he said cuba lah faham kerja dia (yang I tau dia suka ambik patients ramai2,mungkin nak duit lebih)..wife dia pun tak tau pukul berapa dia balik.I said but I'm not your wife,I'm your patient who's married to another man who would ask why dinner isn't ready on time (masa tu dah 7 pm).I kata if the West can do it (keep the time), why can't we.Dah ternganga2 dia nak jawab (he's trained at Cambridge and told me that he had worked at best hospitals in London and Australia) I kata I pun pernah got treated in hospitals in those countries..no one waited 3 or 8 hours to see a doctor on appointment.

I said he had no respect for his patients which he denied (dia dok sibuk kata patient kat dalam in consultation lagi penting dari yang luar),I said thank you very much for making that clear.Now that I know how he works, I have the choice to go to other orthopedics.He said my choice.We both thanked each other politely.Hahaha...drama betul.

I told him my orthopedic kat Prince Court suruh I get a neurologist's assessment.He didn't think it was necessary cos' it would lead to surgery which he was against.I said I insist on it..I need to know if my nerves are OK (leg nerves..nerves lain memang tak OK kalau jumpa doc macam ni hari2! Haha)He said fine.Lepas tu kata at least I'm easy to talk with (maknanya dah ramai la patients dia yang mengamuk2 tu)I pun kata yah.I like you too but I don't like waiting for 3 hours to see him.

Lepas tu dia kata lain kali dtg as last patient and he'll wait for me.OK, done.
So we parted as two mature people.Haha.It was not nasty.We were just expressing ourselves.He could handle criticism well.Muka dia cool je.Dulu pernah dia tulis referral letter yang berbunyi" this pleasant lady..." (apa punya surat dah).Now dia taulah betapa pleasantnya I.Hahaha

But I have second thoughts seeing him again.Gila nak tunggu lama2 ( I almost missed my Asr and I missed my power dinner because of the long wait).You may have a good product but if the service/customer relations is bad..no go, man.

Tapi my 3rd thought is this: dia je orthopedic yang kata I tak perlu surgery.Itu sebab I still like him. :)

The good news is: my leg is actually getting better (confirmed by this doc.)
Maybe I won't see the neurologist after all.Buat mengabeh ke boraih je.Friday I go hydrotherapy at Prince Court.All I need is exercise I think ~ to strengthen my muscles.

2 comments:

ubuntu_linux said...

prof, biasa la customer relation kat sini memang teruk. anyway, may u recover well :)

Faridah said...

Ubuntu: Terima kasih.Tapi kalau kita tak bising, they won;t know they suck, right? I always make it a point to give 'feedback' (read complain) and for a Drama Queen like me, it works like magic.Haha.