Friday, April 29, 2011

pesta buku, royal wedding dan pening kepala

quite a full day today.I forgot about the royal wedding and booked today as my hydrotherapy day so I missed much of the ceremony (but was in time for the balcony kisses.heh)

one mamat tak tau taruk mata mana hit my car while we were waiting at the traffic light around kia peng area.Cheh! I had a bad headache, terpaksa turun to see if there were a dent.The guy came out and apologised and tried to convince me takda apa2, cik.I sempat mumbled, "macamana awak bawak kereta?" but too pening to be hysterical.Haha.

The jam was bad on the way back.But lepas solat. terus lepak depan TV with Z (who's home for the long weekend).I don't like William in red.Tak padan dgn baju si Kate tu.
Tak suka juga si Camilla there.Diana should be there, and alive.

I was at the pesta buku earlier.What a disappointment.Publishers are just interested in making money (flooding the market with books they know would sell NOT books to educate).I was looking for books they would never put there for lack of a good market: literary books and very few had literature section in their booths.Even Cambridge Uni Press.Totally disgusting.When I asked them to search for a few titles, one gal said oh we have them tapi tak bawak.Takdalah usaha to get my contacts and say we'll send them to you if you pay now (which I would not mind doing).

But at least the crowds were there.Which means more and more Malaysians are reading and interested in books.That's quite a comfort.

No comments: