Thursday, June 23, 2011

Lunch with Azah

Azah and I went a long way too.She's one of my bestest friends since my NZ days and later my UK days.We share a lot between us, my secrets are hers and hers are mine.Haha.

We decided to do lunch before I leave for my umrah on Saturday.I thot she said Friday cos' Thursday she'd have a workshop so when she called to ask if lunch was still on, I said yah, see you tomorrow (Friday).I hung up.

She called again (ayo..Azah..I'm enjoying my physio, OK? Jgn kacau)
Yes Azah? What now?

Is the lunch today or tomorrow?
Tomorrow.
But I have w/shop tmrw.
No, you said you have w/shop today.
No I said I would have w/shop tmrw.
Oh iya ke? Ah ok..what time do you wanna meet?
What time is good?
12?
OK 12.
Make it 11.30? I have to send my mom to her dialysis centre.
OK, see you in a bit.

So I drove to Azah's mom's place in Section 16.I have not been to her mom's for years.Decades! But found it..ada jiran dia meninggal.Lots of cars in the neighbourhood.

We decided to eat at Marche's at the Curve.What a lovely lunch that was! We went back to the days when we were so innocent...
"Sapa nama budak Cina yang danced with you tu?"
"I dah tak ingat tapi dia hensem"
Laughed.
Nama dia George, OK Azah.George danced with Azah.And I remember shy and proper Azah went to hide belakang pintu after that, her hands on her red cheeks.Haha.So innocent! :))

Then when we were in the UK (she in Edinburgh, me in Liverpool) she would travel to stay with me and we'd travel to York together to see the castles and Jorvick Viking Centre.The taxi man told us how he loved Thai gals (thinking we were Thai gals or thought Azah was cos I dah bertudung masa tu).

Good friends are hard to come by but when you have one, you better blog about her. :)

2 comments:

Mawar said...

Dear Kak F
betul, kalau sudah jumpa kawan yang tulus, memang harus blog!... saya teringat kawan lama yang bernama Azah (juga) masa di SIGS, JB. ya,kita sama, banyak rahsia antara kami, hehehe...

Faridah said...

Mawar: mungkin org nama Azah ni manusia istimewa, kan? Mcm Azah Aziz. :) What I like abt Azah ni she ikhlas and never judges..and is always on my side.Mana nak cari kawan mcm tu, kan? Dr Ruzy pun mcm tu.And there are a few others.I have been blessed with good frens.Alhamdulillah.