Thursday, June 16, 2011

Men!

I don't quarrel with women as much as I do with men (some men!)

But here's the story, okay?

Dr. I is one of my good friends.Today I had a late lunch and bumped into him.We were talking this and that (family, work..the usual stuffs called civility) then wham! my fav topic for the last few weeks: NATO attacks on Libya.Haha.

You've heard all the arguments but what really tickled me was our argument on democracy and whether the democracy we see today is Islamic/not.I said it wasn't.Syura is.Dr I. asked "and you think syura isn't democratic?" I said not the way we understand it today.And they don't vote right? Decisions are made based on arguments and reasonings.And not anyone can be a syura member.Dr I kata boleh.Anyone boleh.I said mesti ada criteria.He said takda criteria.

I asked habis tu orang gila pun boleh jadi ahli syura??

Dr I said I gave an extreme example.

I said it is still valid.It is proof that there must be some criteria somewhere.
Adakah orang gila dibenarkan mengundi semasa pilihanraya kita? Dr I said tak boleh.Nik kata SPR is silent on this (of cos' I reported the late lunch conversation to Nik at dinner).Haha.OMG...I have to stop here.Nak gelak kejap.

.............

The second funny man is Prof. Munir from India who has re-emerged from my Solo volcanic adventure.If you remember my blog entry on him not too long ago, you'd remember how funny he was..tak tidur 3 hari 3 malam cos' he feared Gunung Merapi meletup dan dia tak sempat lari!!!! (and I told him this,"Munir, you will die not of Merapi but of fear.") He refused to fly back to India from Solo.He took a 13 hours train trip (or something like that) back to Jakarta and fly to India from there.

And today he wrote.So he's still alive! :))
I don't quarrel with Munir.He's such a nice man.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

prof munir is really a funny guy..